Friday, November 12, 2010

Stress


A common word used by most at least once in their lifetime, and most by few others.

I read many articles speaking about stress how to deal stress, what causes stress and even there is a subject which has evolved “Stress Management” but suddenly I had a different perception altogether of it, if stress is really a stress or is it that we stress the word stress to make it stressful?

But I wonder why does a person fall stress? What causes him to feel stressful? And how can he overcome that. Now I don’t want to talk pages on this but want to give a small example which inspired me to put these ideas together and bring it as a blog for you.

I was once told we should never carry huge loads on our head. E.g. My mother always use to advise not to hang my school bag belt on my head as it causes neck pain and other side affects, I never dared to ask that but I agreed then, I agreed it till I became young enough and started having my own perceptions rule others words of thought.

After 26 years now I suddenly observed something, a lady carrying a half ton of some spices and some items on her head, balancing with a cloth tied around her head to form a groove to rest the bag on it, I hope all especially Indians would have seen such women walking distances carrying such heavy weights selling there items for their livelihood.

Now two points how could she manage such heavy weights on her head though we cannot? Another point is she not going any stress while performing this daily as part of her livelihood!

Now I leave it to you as to what to grasp from the incident I came across and how is it related to our stress but before that let me put my perception backed by my persuasion of that event.

Imagine I ask her to carry a bag half the weight she is carrying daily and now imagine her carrying a bag almost two times the weight she is carrying?

May be we should know to what extent we can with stand pressure and slowy increase it to the level we cannot withstand it and start maintaining that threshold on a regular basis.

This way we are creating an indicator for our own self to avoid stress instead of managing it :).

As they say prevention is always better than cure!

Now other way of dealing stress is what harm can it cause to us so friends here is an image which mentions the impacts of stress on our body organs

No comments: